Here is my this week’s version of five things I think are worth sharing.
- I’m moving (about 6 miles away). Our realtor told me about Moving Link – it’s a service that takes care of bidding on the move. They come out and walk through the house, and then go work with movers to get quotes. Super easy, and a great service to have when there’s so much other crap going on
- A big part of leadership is good decision making. Like anything else, the way to get better at decision making is to practice by making lots of decisions – then reflect on the bad decisions as an exercise for getting better. Along those lines, this article on 6 Reasons We Make Bad Decisions, and What to Do About Them is worth reading
- We’ve all seen and used career models or ladders that differentiate between manager and IC (individual contributor) paths. One of the few flaws with this two
–path approach is that we frequently expect high levelnon-managers to be tech leaders, even if that role doesn’t quite fit. I’m surprised I hadn’t heard of the Trident Model of Career Growth before, but I will refer to it often now.
- One of my favorite plugins is the Checker Plus plugin. I don’t get a lot of
- Lastly, you can now play the original Diablo in your browser