Skip to content
- I try to remember that a big part of my job is growing leaders – and that I need to always try to improve as a leader myself. Most times when I need a little inspiration for reflection, I turn to Simon Sinek, and re-read Together is Better. Here’s one of the quotes that caught my eye this week.
When we tell people to do their jobs, we get workers. WHen we trust people to get the job done, we get leaders.
- It’s double-quote Friday. Harlan Ellison passed away earlier this month. He was a fantastic, and creative writer, with a lot of passion. One quote of his that has entered my mind a lot as I watch various bits of US politics is this one.
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”
- This article on moving from scrum to kanban captures a lot of my own feelings on the subject.
- Just when you thought it was safe to love open source, this happens (Compromise in ESLint)
- In addition to these weekly posts, I write a lot. Internal newsletters, articles for others (and in the past, books and book contributions). Writing has been a big part of my growth, and this article on why writing is important is worth a read for any lifelong learner.