I’m sitting in a Starbucks in Squamish, BC while my car charges. But still inspired as much (or more so) than ever.
- I spent the week skiing in Whistler. I come here every year (sometimes more than once), and I fall in love with the place a bit more each time I visit.
- It’s vacation, so after I (finally) finished Dan Pink’s When, I read the latest Jack Reacher novel. Don’t judge me, but I’ve read them all, and while some are better than others, (and none are literary greatness), the books are engaging, fun, and a great escape. BTW – if you’ve read these, I’m sure you’ll agree that Tom Cruise is the absolute worst choice to play Jack Reacher in the movie adaptations.
- I unintentionally ramped up my conference speaking this year. I love the conferences, but often don’t anticipate the time investment – especially months in advance. I’m working harder at saying “no” more often. I (now) try to consider whether I’d say yes if the conference was next week. If the answer to that question is no, I lean heavily towards no for the conference months from now.
- Danny Faught had a wonderful post this week on his work on wikipedia. It’s inspired me to try and get more involved myself.
- Quote I’m pondering: ” “Earn your leadership every day.” – Michael Jordan