So yeah – I skipped last week…and some people actually noticed! Last week was a tough week, and although I had a few links ready, I just wanted to unplug and spend some time away from my computer – you know how it can get. The good news is that I am in a much better mood this week, and I have a few interesting (to me, at least) things to share.
- I want to lead off by sharing a post from Anne-Marie Charrett that could not have been easy to write – but that is so critically important that she did. Dictator or Liberator
- I have a lot of meetings. 98% of those meetings are an excellent use of my time. I have one of the 2% meetings coming up, so I’m thinking of forwarding this article on Seven tips on how to run a meeting that people will actually like
- Despite the fact that my meetings are generally good – I’m still trying to make more of them async. This article from Doist on How to Move Your Team Toward Async-First Communication is wonderful.
- The latest Leading in Tech newsletter has a great article on how to Eliminate toil and give way to the team that I think is worth reading.
- You may think I promote every Michael Lopp (aka Rands) on FfF, but I purposely refrain so I don’t come across as a fan-boy. However… The Coach and the Fixer is worth sharing no matter what.
That’s five if I counted correctly, so while I could have done a Ten for Thursday, or something similar, I’ll stop at five and promise that I’ll do my best to find five more next week. Take care of yourselves, and have a good weekend.