I spent the week in Los Angeles – meeting some of my peers at Unity for the first time…which was surreal. I did manage a quick walk on the beach – but of course I’m such a bright shade of Northwestern US white, that my face is completely sunburnt. Fortunately, heading back to the shade and rain of Seattle where I can easily heal. Here are a few things I found of interest this week.
- This article from the Guardian is one of the better summaries I’ve read reacting to the absolute bullshit from Justice Alito.
- The folks at Harness profiled one of the wonderful people in my organization in their Women of DevOps series.
- I have a lot of meetings (I should do a whole post on this sometime) – but I don’t want my team to have many at all. There are lot of good points in this article on Why a Meeting Costs More than a MacBook Pro – the Business Case for Fewer Developers in Meetings
- It’s review season at Microsoft, so I will share this article on How to Be a Compassionate Manager in a Heartless Organization (it’s good advice even if your organization isn’t heartless).
- I don’t know if it’s true or not, but it’s a nugget worth exploring – IBM’s Asshole Test
That’s it until next week – thanks for reading.