Early edition this week, as I’m about to board a flight from Heathrow back to Seattle after a few days of discussion on quality leadership. I’m cheating slightly on counting to five this week, because the first three are really one extended trinity that captures a lot of my views on leadership.
- Quote I’m Pondering : “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” – Simon Sinek
- I read, and really enjoyed this article on Servant Leadership by Christina Ohnanian, because…
- It reminded me to mention (yet another) wonderful book from SInek (which is where the quote above comes from) – Leaders Eat Last
- I had a discussion at breakfast this morning about mobile data rates (I discovered they’re dirt cheap in Europe compared to the US). I dug up this article from 2013, but my guess is that it’s an even larger disparity now. I’ve made a mental note to seek out why.
- One of my team members asked a question this week that is so oddly profound that I can’t get it out of my head. I’ll leave you with this: “Is a Soy Vanilla Latte a three-bean soup?”