Skip to content
- While recording the upcoming (episode 75) AB Testing podcast, Brent reminded me of The Starfish and the Spider – and pointed out that my personal mission right now involves me transitioning my org from a spider to a starfish.
- I try to read one book at a time. I also try to not buy books I don’t plan to read in the short term future. I succeed at this more than I used to, but it’s still a growth area for me. There’s a Japanese word for this, “Tsundoku” that really needs an English equivalent
- Maaret Pyhäjärvi is one of the best, and most prolific software bloggers I know. Her latest post is worth a read.
- My favorite quote of the week is from Daniel Pink’s When (I’m still working through it). In the book, he discusses the benefits of the 20-25 minute power nap, and how the value is intensified by drinking caffeine just before the nap (caffeine takes 20-25 minutes to hit the blood stream. “The most efficient nap is the nappuccino.” (Unity needs nap rooms)
- Finally, we saw a machine learning breakthrough </sarcasm> last month that I find worth sharing. The world needs more Nicholas Cage.