It’s Friday again, and that means I have random links to share.
- An absolutely fantastic article from HBR today that should be – but isn’t obvious to so many companies and leaders. To Curb Burnout, Design Jobs to Better Match Employees’ Needs
- I spent the last week skiing at Mission Ridge – it’s a small ski area with a huge amount of variety. For Washington, it has excellent snow. I put in a lot of miles and it was great to have a fully unplugged break for a few days.
- A few weeks ago, I mentioned that I have a new System76 linux laptop. My first laptop had a flaw, but this one (after a few small glitches) is working perfectly. With this computer, I also elected to use System76’s Pop OS! – it’s pretty similar to Ubuntu, and after spending several months away from using Linux as my main machine, it’s coming back pretty quickly (I’m using it to type this!).
- After referring to it in a substack article (signup link should be on the right if you’re viewing this on angryweasel.com), I decided to re-read Leadership and Self-Deception, and it’s haunting how much of the story is relevant to things I’ve seen recently. It’s a quick read, and I highly recommend it.
- The world did NOT need this, but it exists, and we all knew it was inevitable. Storybot – Bot submitted AI generated stories.
Once again, that’s all – see you next week.