Back here for another week. As I mentioned last week, if you would like FfF in your mailbox every week, you can sign up here. The sign-up process feels a bit wonky to me, and I think my early subscribers may be spam bots, but ymmv.
Also note that I’m still learning how to use the wordpress plugin I installed to send newsletters, so feedback is appreciated as I continue to tweak.
Here’s some stuff I found interesting or worth sharing this week.
- Given my love of Radical Candor – I pre-ordered Kim Scott’s latest book – Just Work: Get Sh*t Done, Fast & Fair
- I’ve started to take inventory of the different personality and strength tests I’ve taken. I’ve done MBTI, Insights, Strength Finders, and probably a few others. Two of my favorites are The Working Genius (which I mentioned a few FfFs ago, and one called the Kolbe test – it’s less known, but pretty interesting. Here are my results from when I took it a few years back.
- This ‘Day in the Life’ post from the Netflix tech blog is really interesting. At least I think so.
- I found this article on being a senior engineer – or better put, and article on how to get shit done when you have to influence people. It’s 3 years old, but still worth watching.
- Why I hate the web lesson 137. HTTPWTF
Thanks for reading – see you next week.