- Two quotes I’m pondering from Peter Drucker (both appear in Stephen Denning’s The Age of Agile)
- “There is only one valid definition of business purpose: to create a customer.”
“It is the customer who determines what a business is.“
- I thought yesterday’s post from Unity on International Woman’s Day was really well done.
- While I realized this fully during my time at Microsoft, it’s official; research says that the Peter Principle is a full on truth.
- I enjoy the concept of the “Manager Readme” – Michael Lopp (aka Rands), posted his version this week: How to Rands. I have a much less well written readme of my own on our internal wiki.
- I’ve mentioned before that I think Kanban is wonderful. Like most wonderful things, if people do it wrong, it’s less wonderful. That’s why the first quote of this article made me want to read the rest.
“If you ask 100 people “What is Kanban” probably 50 (or more) will answer “A white board with sticky notes on it” or should we say a “Kanban wall”.