Go. Get. Vaccinated.
For the rest of you, be sure to flash your vaccination card at your screen before reading about some of the interesting articles I found this week.
- Like many others, I’m sad, mad, frustrated, and (unfortunately) not that surprised to hear all of the stories about toxic environments at Activision / Blizzard. Here’s one of the better articles on what’s going on and what happened.
- ICYMI, the insights from the yearly stack overflow developer survey are available.
- As an industry, I think we have a collectively shitty interview funnel. Here’s the story of one company’s story about reducing the full interview funnel to one week via bundled hiring.
- Some of you may recall that I wrote a thing called a manager readme while back (bonus link). Here’s a revisit of the concept which discuses the need to reclaim the manager readme
- A colleague at work was amazed to hear that I have never seen an episode of Ted Lasso. While I think the Apple TV app is stunningly bad, the show is absolutely amazing.
Thanks again for reading – see you next week.