This was…not one of my favorite weeks. Other than a few long walks with the dog, I’m taking a light weekend to see if I can get my head back on straight. Here are a few things I read this week you may find interesting.
- I probably linked to this book last summer when I first read it, but fuck it – I’m going to share it again. Healing the Wounds: Overcoming the Trauma of Layoffs and Revitalizing Downsized Organizations. It’s a fantastic read for people who have been laid off – and people who were not.
- In what I think is a first for me, I’m going to link to a LinkedIn post. Amir Satvat has compiled a list of just about every game or game adjacent company with open roles. It’s a fantastic resource. The post includes a spreadsheet, as well as a place for you to enter your information for hiring managers.
- If you’re having trouble keeping up with which companies are laying off people when, I discovered layoffs.fyi this week – which provides a pretty good summary of what’s going on.
- I’ve played Dungeons & Dragons off and on for over 40 years (yes, I’m old). Whether you play or not, GameSpot has a good summary on the history of the game – and especially the current controversy where Wizards of the Coast are being total shit heads.
- If you’re tired of using your own brain to reply to email, let ChatGPT do the work. Here is one (of many) chrome plugins to help you reply to email with the help of AI.
Thanks again for reading – have a good week.
It’s a lousy time to be in leadership at many organizations. Walk the dog, clear your head, remember that you’re an awesome human.