Oh my – it’s been a while, hasn’t it. I had a good time off – in that I did nothing except play some games and read and sleep for almost 3 weeks.
Here are a few things worth sharing.
- One book I read was Hacking Growth – which is an odd title for a book that reminded me a lot of the Lean Startup in places. If your team doesn’t use customer metrics to figure out if they’re building the right thing, I think it’s a must read – and an interesting read for everyone.
- Somehow, I just discovered Koolaid Factory. It’s a site filled with a crap ton of web zines about how organizations work. I can’t get enough of it.
- I love everything Cindy Sridharan writes – she just doesn’t write often enough. Her latest article on how to become a more effective engineer is worth every minute it takes to read.
- Great article on Courageous Leaders (hint – transparency and humility are part of the equation)
- After I post this, I’m going to play just a little more Halo Infinite. I finished the main campaign during my vacation, and I’m still interested enough to poke around and find the collectibles. To me, the story was far better than the game play, but I was able to power through on Normal without getting too frustrated.
See you next week – stay safe out there.