Just a heads up that I’ll probably take next Friday off from posting so I can
play Starfield sleep all day. This week has been full of …stuff, but once again, here are a few things I found interesting.
- This article on The Struggle for Microservice Integration Testing was well written and provides a lot of great insights.
- I love a good root cause story, and this story on How one line of code caused a $60 million loss is worth reading (and learning from)
- I’m doing something I don’t recommend, and reading three books at once. Fortunately, two are re-reads of books that I think are important for me to refresh on right now. One of those (and one highly worth the re-read) is The No Asshole Rule by Bob Sutton. It’s the best book I know of for addressing the impact of negative behavior in the workplace.
- This is cool. Jason Arbon trained chatgpt on the writings of a bunch of “expert” testers – and it’s pretty good. Chat GPT Expert Tester Chat
- I’m a huge fan of The Oatmeal, as well as a long-time player of Exploding Kittens. Was excited to see the teaser for the Netflix series this week.
And that is that for another week. Hope you found something interesting, and I’ll see you in two weeks.