Well this is weird. Due to some other appointments, I am writing this from a Unity Office. It’s been just under two years since I’ve worked from an office, and…I’m just not sure what to make of it. Anyway – here’s some stuff to read while I ponder this strange setting.
- Cool article from the backstage team on measuring productivity (my fave – days to 10th PR)
- While I’m plugging vendors, github also have a nice article (presentation?) this week on Writing and Shipping Code Faster
- This article captures (at a extremely high level), planning processes at some major companies. Not enough here to take any action, but I still found it interesting.
- Happy to see that a lot of companies (including Unity!) are embracing a hybrid model allowing flexibility in returning to work…someday. The Apple hybrid model has had a lot of press this week, but I’m not really impressed (4 weeks of wfh/remote, but still required days in the office) – I think it’s too much.
- In my opinion, there haven’t been nearly enough convictions in the aftermath of January 6 (especially at the politician level), but at least one of the terrorists has has plead guilty and sentenced.