It’s Thanksgiving in the US – well, yesterday was. Instead of links this week, I’d like to share 5 things I’m thankful for.
- I’m thankful for Brent Jensen for dealing with my crap on the AB Testing podcast. Those bi-weekly discussions have helped me work through a lot of questions over the years, and I’m still amazed that all 3 listeners seem to enjoy our rants.
- I’m thankful to the folks on Twitter and LinkedIn who challenge me, disagree with me, and make me think about where I stand. As you all know, some of my principles are bread and butter to some – but ridiculously stupid to others, and hearing from both sides helps me refine and grow
- Believe it or not, I’m thankful for Slack, Discord, Zoom, and all of the other tools that have helped me stay connected with colleagues and family over the last year and a half. I can’t imagine what the pandemic would have been like 20 years ago.
- I’m thankful for Instacart – it seems extravagant, but having my groceries delivered – even now when I feel a bit safer going to the store is a huge time save for me and well worth the delivery cost and extravagant tips I leave.
- Finally, I’m thankful to Unity for giving a much better work experience than I ever had before, and for trusting me to be the type of leader that I want to be – and for handling the WFH experience as well as I could ever expect.
I hope the US readers all have a great long weekend, and that everyone in the rest of the world enjoyed the quiet communication over the last few days.