Wow – it’s October already. Here are some things I found interesting on the internet this week.
- Important things first. The DORA 2023 State of DevOps report is out.
- A lot of people forwarded me this response from Dan North on the “famous” (and ridiculous) McKinsey report from a few weeks back.
It’s fair, ad good.
- Luc Gagan shared an interesting project he’s working on – a Software Testing Glossary. Given how awful the Wikipedia page on software testing is, I’m glad to see an alternative.
- My old colleague, Marcus Purvis shared this article on What the current wave of layoffs means for the games industry, and I found it full of good insights.
- And to round it out, Dev Interrupted posted a great article on How Healthy Engineering Teams Invest Their Time. The only bit I’d change is the areas of developer investment. I have found it critical to carve out time for Tech Debt. Tech Debt is different than Keeping the Lights On, and I’ve found if you don’t carve time out for it explicitly, it never gets done.
I should blog about that sometime…
Thanks for reading – see you next week!