One thing that I’ve found interesting now that all of my coworkers are working from home is that they schedule more meetings. I think this is a good thing – but wow has my calendar exploded.
I still found a few things worth sharing.
- The media and blogs are filled with articles on Covid-19 – so much so that am limiting the time I spend reading about it. Sometimes, however, I find an article that is sensible without being alarming. This article on Coronavirus: The Hammer and the Dance speaks a lot of sense and is crammed full of charts and graphs for all of us data-nerds
- I don’t share Unity links here that often, but when I do, it’s because I think they’re worth reading. This one on experimentation and data to optimize a game is worth the read. Will the grass be greener with interstitial ads?
- I often get annoyed with people who blame management for their own inability to influence. Now I wonder if managers really are the problem. This survey data on managers and their teams is frightening.
- I’ve been playing Ori and the Will of the Wisps a bit lately – I normally don’t like platformers, but it’s so beautiful to play that I find it the best way to unwind from a day at the (home) office.
- In news that wouldn’t have made any sense at all just a month or so ago, Restaurant giving out toilet paper with take-out orders over $25
Stay safe out there