It’s that time again.
- Kathy Keating has a great article this week on how Engineering Leaders are Failing Themselves
- Netflix has open-sourced another interesting tool – Open-Sourcing Metaflow.
- This is a short and good video summary of one-on-one conversations with remote employees
- Once again, I’m working my way through Advent of Code – Day 5 this year was painful for me, but I pushed through it. Fortunately, Day 6 was a bit easier, so I’ll try again tonight (new puzzles release at midnight east coast time), and see how I do.
- I’m (still) reading User Story Mapping – which has this interesting story regarding Kent Beck:
In a talk in 2011, Kent Beck revised the manifesto item on Working Software over comprehensive documentation to:
Validated learning over working software (or comprehensive documentation)
…of course, it was never officially revised, but I like that nuance a lot more.