I just realized that it’s almost Halloween. That means this weekend I either need to buy candy, or blackout curtains so I can pretend I’m not home. I’ll keep you posted.
Here’s the usual list of 5 things on the internet I think are worth sharing.
- If you’ve followed my numerous recommendations to subscribe to Abi Noda’s newsletter, you already know that every Friday he posts super insightful information about developer productivity and developer experience. This week’s post reviewing the 2023 DORA Report is worth calling out. I love that he calls out that there is so much more than the “4 metrics” that people tend to be the most excited about.
- This brief series on Fostering Motivation in Engineering Teams is full of stuff I love, and worth a read – Part 1, and Part 2.
- I’ve been listening to a lot of my old vinyl records recently. I was listening to Dylan’s Blonde on Blonde, and I recalled the times where I was asked, “Why do you like Dylan – he’s a horrible singer?” It’s – he’s not a great singer, but he’s a fantastic songwriter and musician, and his voice fits his stories. This article on how Dylan blurred the lines between literature and music hits a lot of great points.
- I enjoyed this article from Dev Interrupted – Where are all the laid-off software developers going? It’s a great question with some thoughtful answers.
- Finally, in news that shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone, Taylor Swift is now a Billionaire.
Thanks for reading, and once again, I hope you found something useful.