Wow – where did that week go? Here are few things I found worth pondering this week.
- There will be a full blog post with details, but I had one too many pieces of hardware fail after an ill-timed Windows update, and a few too many settings changes after the same, and I flipped out a bit.
The good news is that I was able to get everything I needed to run in order to do my job running on Ubuntu in only a few hours.
- I’m giving a presentation to a small group of peers next week on data analysis, and I’m reminded of this quote by Josh Wills at Slack.
“Data Scientist (n.): Person who is better at statistics than any software engineer and better at software engineering than any statistician.”
- Yet another great post from Michael Lopp on professional growth – Your Professional Growth Questionnaire
- I’ve mentioned Radical Candor here before, but this is a great post on giving feedback – A Manager’s Guide for Effectively Giving Feedback
- It’s GDPR day. I won’t hyperlink GDPR, but I will give you a link to The GDPR Hall of Shame